Belong. Connect. Aspire.
Alkira is a for-purpose community sector organisation providing a range of services and supports for adults with an intellectual disability and their families in the Eastern Metropolitan region of Melbourne. Alkira has been operating for over 60 years and has deep support from its local community and donors.
About the role
This role will generate income for Alkira through building relationships with individuals and institutions, and grant seeking.
You will maintain, drive and develop new opportunities to achieve budget.
You will work collaboratively with executive, board and donors to align fundraising activities with strategic direction.
- Developing a Fundraising Strategy
- Working closely with the Marketing and Communication Coordinator
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Systems, information and budget management
Alkira offers employees:
- A supportive work-culture
- Flexible work arrangements – we will consider full time or part time with the right candidate
- Professional development
- Salary Packaging
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid working with some presence at head office in Box Hill
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar.
- At least 4 years’ experience in event-based or community fundraising role.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining a fundraising pipeline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact comfortably with a diverse range of individuals.
- A strategic thinker with an understanding of fundraising for the not-for-profit environment.
- Broad knowledge of the disability industry and the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) is desirable.
- Proactive and self-driven with the ability to work collaboratively.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable), Working with Children Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check.
Please download the Fundraising Manager position description.
To apply send your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria (in less than 2 pages) to email@example.com by close of business 1st February 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org