Belong. Connect. Aspire.
Alkira is a NDIS registered community organisation that proudly provides a range of services to support adults with an intellectual disability and their families. We enrich the lives of and challenge individuals to be a part of their community in the eastern metropolitan suburbs of Melbourne.
Alkira offers specialist disability accommodation, supported independent living in people’s homes, short term accommodation, group programs, individual programs, further study for school leavers, work opportunities, holiday experiences, and support coordination.
The role of a Disability Support Worker is residential support – supporting individuals and small groups of people in their home to enable each person to:
• Live a lifestyle that reflects their needs, interests and wishes
• Connect with family, friends and their local community
• Foster and maintain their life skills and involvement in managing their own self-care, health and finances.
This Casual Relief Disability Support Worker position involves shift work between 6am and 10pm on weekdays and weekends, and includes sleepovers overnight in the home. Short and long shifts are available in the Whitehorse area.
Alkira offers employees:
• A supportive work-culture
• On the job coaching, professional development and training
• Career pathways
• Flexible shifts with short or long shifts available
• An Employee Assistance Program
• Salary packaging
We are looking for applicants who are interested in being part of a team that:
• Values creativity and innovation
• Contributes to a positive work culture
• Has a Can-Do attitude; and
• Celebrates diversity
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Victorian Disability Services (NGO) Agreement 2019.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum Cert III in a relevant qualification
- Training certificates that meet the key selection criteria
- NDIS worker clearance – or be willing to obtain.
Please download the Disability Support Worker position description. Applicants need to include a completed Employment Application Form, along with their CV and cover letter and apply via email@example.com.
Suitable applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for an interview as applications are received. Alkira reserves the right to close this advertisement to new applications if suitable candidates are identified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org