Employment at Alkira
Alkira strives to make a difference to the people we serve – enabling their connection with their wider community, and discovering present and future possibilities with dignity and purpose.
Why Work for Alkira?
Alkira strives to be an employer of choice and is committed to attracting and retaining excellent staff who strive to constantly to develop and improve on their skills. We also offer a range of excellent employee benefits including:-
- Flexible work options including full time, part time, contract and casual roles across a range of support, administrative and management positions;
- An environment where employees are actively encouraged to contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the organisation;
- Regularly scheduled training for all staff;
- Opportunities to participate on various specialised projects via working groups;
- Supportive and accessible Managers;
- Access to salary packaging;
- A fully paid and thorough induction program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program;
- Novated leasing (for senior appointments only).
We pride ourselves on being supportive and empowering our large team. We work together to ensure all employees enjoy their work and maximise their personal potential with our focus on learning and development.
Working at Alkira:
We are always interested in hearing from suitably qualified and motivated people to join our growing team. We offer a broad range of roles within residential support, training and support services, transport and administration.
Pre-requisites for joining Alkira as a paid staff member include:-
- Unrestricted eligibility to work in Australia
- A Satisfactory Police Records Check conducted by Alkira
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-existing injuries form
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Clear Vic Roads Driver History Record
- Satisfactory assessment of Driver Safety conducted by Alkira (role dependent)
For direct support staff –
- A current manual driver’s license (or the willingness to obtain one at own expense)
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 1or 2 depending on selection criteria) or willingness to obtain one.
- Certificate in Disability qualifications, relevant industry experience and/or Aged Care Qualifications